Posting once on social media every day will get you some engagement, shares, and traffic.But wouldn’t scheduling two social media messages a day get you even bigger results? What about three?
And if you shared more messages every day to every social network, wouldn’t that also get you even more results?
As it turns out, several studies have sought to answer that exact question, all with varying data.
So co-schedule decided to compile the best of the best for you so you no longer have to think about how often to post on social media while still getting all of the benefits of increased awareness, engagement, shares, and traffic.
About The 14 Social Media Frequency Studies…
There’s a lot of advice out there. So I’ve found the best data-driven information I could find to answer the question of how often to post on social media.
The below images will be referencing these sources throughout this post as a way to answer the posting frequency question for each specific social network:
- The social rules of Pinterest from Ahalogy
- Research and tips compiled by Buffer
- How often to post on social media by Constant Contact
- Research and experience of optimum level of posting on social media from DowSocial
- Industry benchmarks from HubSpot
- The posting plan from Localvox
- Expert Pinterest tips and data from Michelle MacPhearson
- Suggested minimum and maxium number of times to post on social media per week from Nulou
- Compiled research from Quick Sprout
- Researched posting frequencies from Mari Smith
- Insights from Neil Patel from Forbes
- General findings from Social Media Week
- Jay Baer’s thoughts and insights from Convince And Convert
- Collected research from Adobe
Each of the following sections will answer the posting frequency question, and includes information on the best times to post on each network along with recommended amounts of social media content curation for each network.
We all suggest if your wanting to work out when best to post for your business. Each of your social media sites have analytics/insights that will tell you the best time as the below may not suit your business or your followers needs